The latest version of iTunes has changed many things. And one of them is that the ability to make ringtones is now buried. Here’s a secret, you can still create custom ringtones on your iPhone by using GarageBand.
This feature was always present in GarageBand, but not many people know about this. Now that you know you can create your own customized ringtones, are you wondering how you will do it? Well, we are here to guide you.
How to create custom ringtones with GarageBand on iPhones?
- Step 1: Download GarageBand on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Start a song in the app by tapping on the + button available in the toolbar.
- Step 3: Create the sound, tone and beat that you want as your ringtone. But make sure that the duration of the ringtone is not more than 30 seconds.
If you want to get the song from your music library, follow the steps given below.
- Step 1: Select an instrument.
- Step 2: Record some random noise. Don’t worry; we are just recording it so that we can get the access to the full editor.
- Step 3: See the project overview which shows the complete list of the track. Currently, you would be able to see just a single record.
- Step 4: Import the song that you want from the music library. Delete the previous instrument recording.
- Step 5: Tap on the “Loops” tab which is placed on the top right toolbar.
- Step 6: Select the Audio Source.
- Step 7: Tap on the chosen song to have a preview. Once, you confirm drag and drop the song in the tracks section.
- Step 8: Delete the previous placeholder noise.
Now use the split editing and trimming features to select the piece of the song that you want to set as the ringtone.
You can split the song by long pressing on the clip and then by selecting ‘Split.’ Confirm that you are splitting the right spot and then pull down the scissor to split the clip. Keep the ringtone 30 seconds long, and now it’s time to save the ringtone.
You cannot save the ringtone in the Editor UI. To save the ringtone, go to ‘My Songs’ picker. Find the song that you have created in the Recent tray and long press it to open the contextual menu options and then click on Share. Now tap on ‘Ringtone”, give your ringtone a name and then Export it. After few seconds of processing, you will display with a message saying ‘Ringtone Export Successful.’ Tap on ‘OK.’ You can now use the customized music as your ringtone. If you want to delete the ringtone that you have created, you need to open the GarageBand app again. You can use the ‘Edit’ toolbar to delete the song that you have just created.
The creation of custom ringtone in GarageBand for iPhone is not a much-talked feature of the app. However, now that you know about it, use this feature to create your unique ringtone.