Garageband Tutorial: Complete Beginner’s Guide to GarageBand – Whoever wants to compose music on own, Garageband is the great way to do so. Garageband allows everyone to make quality audio files easily and quickly. Here we discuss on how to download Garageband and install Garageband on your gadgets and some of its technical features to be known before choosing Garageband. Garageband is an Apple’s DAW (digital audio workstation). One can create audio files ranging from Voiceovers, podcasts, instrumental and much more with the help of this Garageband.
It is one of the best Apple’s app which can be found on most of the Apple’s products including iPhone, iPod, Mac books and even on GarageBand for Mac, PC, Desktop (Windows 10, 8, 7). It is not given as an inbuilt app for the Apple devices if you want to have Garageband on your Apple devices you need to download it from Apple app store.
Garageband Tutorial: Beginner’s Guide to GarageBand
Garageband is the great technical resource for many music lovers. It is better suited for the people mentioned below:
- Normal music lovers who passionate to compose their own music.
- Musicians who often record their new compositions.
- Podcasters who wish to produce their own podcasts in the air.
- Online instructors who record voiceovers.
- YouTube content creators who are in search for copyright-free music.
- Filmmakers searching for new original music.
- Game/app developers who are in search of original music to use for their purpose.
Apart experience in creating own music, Garageband enables music lovers to compose quality audio files. A little guidance is enough to create your first music on Garageband. Garageband is easy to use and learn, it has many components to learn and implement. This tutorial is mainly for the beginners and shows the simple steps to follow to compose your first music.
To use this Garageband, all you need to have is an Apple device which has Garageband compatibility. Though it is widely used in Mac Desktops and MacBook, it is even available for your iPhones and iPods.
How to Download and Install GarageBand MAC:
Here you can get the step-by-step procedure to download and install this amazing application Garageband to your MacBook and Mac desktop.
Check Out: Download GarageBand for PC Free
- First open Apple App Store on your gadget and search for Garageband in the search bar.
- You get suggestions regarding Garageband.
- Open the app and have a glance at the app’s description.
- If you find it to be virtuous and want to download it and then click on the option “Buy” (Garageband is a paid app and it costs $4.99 only).
- You will get a window popped up after clicking the “Buy” option asking your Apple Username and Id.
- Sign in with your Apple details and Buy the app to your device.
- Once you have downloaded and installed Garageband on your device find it using Finder.
- Click on the Finder in your Dock and type “Applications”.
- Once you have typed “Applications”, a window arises showing all Applications present in your device in Alphabetical order.
- Find Garageband among them and double-click on it to open.
How to create your Own New Music?
Once you have downloaded and installed Garageband on your device, the next step is composing your own music (that’s the main purpose of installing the app indeed). Here you get the details to create a new music of your own.
- Once you have found the Garageband application from Finder, keep this application in your dock. Dock makes to access your favorite applications easily. Especially if you frequently open any application, you can get it in your dock for further fast accessing. You can get this Garageband application to your dock by holding the Ctrl button and however Garageband application icon over “options” and then choose the option “Keep in Dock”. That’s it you have your application in your Dock.
- Now open the app and you can find an option “New Project” which contains the following features under it:
- Keyboard collection.
- Amp collection.
- Hip Hop.
- Song Writer and
- Empty Project.
You can choose among the above projects according to your requirement. Each project is different from others and serves a different purpose.
- Final step is to choose the track among the following four different tracks:
- Software Instrument: It allows playing songs on your device.
- Audio (Microphone): You can record your music using a microphone.
- Audio (Guitar/Bass): You can even record guitar using this as an amp.
- Drummer: This gives you a drum music that plays automatically.